The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), Government of India offers scholarships to meritorious Rwandan nationals every year for pursuing studies in under-graduate/post graduate/ PhD and post-doctoral courses, for which facilities are available in the Indian Universities/Institutions.
Those interested and qualified may apply online at http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in Go to the guideline column to download the physical fitness form and further information regarding the scholarships. Only those applications routed through and recommended by this Mission are considered by the authorities in India. Applications sent directly to ICCR, New Delhi or sent through the local Embassies / High Commissions in New Delhi are not entertained.
The following may please be noted:
1. All entries in the online application form should be filled in correctly.
2 .Application should be complete in all aspects, with all the required information and all necessary supporting documents, as listed below:
3. No Application will be accepted locally (within India) unless it is routed through the online application mechanism and within stipulated period.
4. One copy of application, duly filled and properly tagged, are required to be submitted along with certified copies educational documents (which is duly attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Rwanda).
5. A synopsis of the proposed area of research should be uploaded in case of students applying for doctoral/postdoctoral courses or courses in Architecture.
6. Students wishing to study performing arts should upload Video/Audio/Youtube link.
7. Certificate of physical fitness in the prescribed form, which can be downloaded in the website http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/home/instructions under the guideline column supplied with the application form.
8. No applications will be accepted for admission to courses in MBBS/BDS.
9. Candidates should clearly mention the courses and universities to which they are seeking admission. In this connection website www.ugc.ac.in may be consulted.
10. Candidates nominated should have fluent knowledge of English and the Mission will conduct the English language
11. These scholarship slots include return economy class air fares to the nearest international airport and 3rd class AC Train Fare to the place of study, Stipend( Living allowance), House Rent Allowance, Contingent , Thesis and Dissertation expenses and Medical benefits as mentioned in Financial Terms and Conditions (details can be found in the website).
12. It is mandatory for B.E courses applicants to have taken physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in their school leaving examinations.
13. No change in course of study or University is permitted once admission of scholar is confirmed and the scholar has arrived in India to join the course.
14. Incomplete applications are liable not to be considered by the Embassy. The award of scholarship is subject to candidates being finally accepted by the concerned University/Institute and consequent receipt of such confirmation from ICCR, Government of India.
For further information contact:
Mr. Tarun Kumar,
Second Secretary (Education & Culture),
High Commission of India,
#Villa 67, KG 9 Avenue,